Savonuzzi’s Archive Collection

last modified Mar 26, 2019 03:32 PM

acostaen.png
Alda Costa school

The Savonuzzi’s collection is made up of the drawings, photographs, handwritten notes, etc. which Engineer and Architect Carlo Savonuzzi (Ferrara 1897 - San Remo 1973) produced, preserved and classified during his working life (1922-1965).

In the early 2000s the collection was donated to the University of Ferrara Department of Architecture by the Engineer’s daughter, Gloria Savonuzzi; it was then re-ordered thanks to the financial support generously provided by Mr Salvatore Topa and Ms Amedea Manservisi in memory of their son Gianluca, who died suddenly in January 2002 while he was about to graduate in Architecture at the University of Ferrara. The re-ordering was firstly managed by Anna-Maria Guccini, Director of the “Giuseppe Mengoni” Archive in Fontanelice (Bologna), assisted by a team set up at the Faculty of Architecture, supervised by Prof. Vittorio Savi (d. 2011). Prof. Claudio Alessandri, Prof. Rita Fabbri and Arch. Ramona Loffredo as well as Librarians Luigi Tabacchi and Landina Sebastianis were part of the team.

In June 2007 a research program was started thanks to the financial support  of the University of Ferrara, of its Department of Architecture and of the local Foundation-Bank Cassa di Risparmio di Ferrara: “The history of Savonuzzi: a multipurpose critical-historical analysis of Carlo Savonuzzi’s work based on the outcomes of the re-ordering and cataloguing of his professional archive”.

 

The collection is available for onsite reading at: Architecture Library map

Please, ask the Library for an appointment (email: biblioteca.architettura@unife.it ; ph. +39 0532 293628).

 

Downloads

Regulations for using the Savonuzzi’s Archive Collection (ITA)

Request for onsite reading (ITA)

Request for photographic reproductions (ITA)